How to write mega entertaining, personality infused, super engaging copy, even if you have the personality of a sand flea.
Today we are talking about how to write mega entertaining, personality-infused, super engaging copy, even if you have the personality of a sand flea.
OK, here’s where to start
When I’m preparing for a webinar, I spend less time on the subject matter because I know it like the back of my hand. What I do spend time preparing for is:
- How I’m going to keep people engaged
- What kind of jokes I can crack or
- What kind of anecdote I can tell them or
- What kind of a relevant situation or something that I faced, that it could be relevant for the situation
- What kind of an icebreaker will I be using
This may come across as, “Oh, really? You’re not funny? You have to prepare to be funny?” This should also be good news for you because that means that it is something that anyone can do.
Here’s what you need:
- Slice of life stories: Those tiny details about YOUR life which mean people can actually picture the scene (and laugh at you)
- Self-deprecating humour: “If there is no typo in my email, you should know that I’m dead and someone is pretending to be me.” That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about (haha – see what I did)
- Joke harvesting: Not as sinister as it sounds. Once a week, do a ten-minute quote search, a ten-minute joke search and ten-minute story search. Then, take all of those things and put them into a Google Doc and I like to call my Google Doc my edutainment dossier (see, that’s my actual level of funny).
GET YOUR HANDS ON THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO PERSUASION
HOW TO USE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSUASION TO GET A YES, DUCK A NO AND NEVER SETTLE FOR A “LET ME THINK ABOUT IT”