The ultimate list of yes blockers
Today I’m talking about something that every person who has to sell struggles with; a yes blocker.
What is a yes blocker?
Yes blockers where the person really wants to say yes, the brain is saying yes, the emotions are saying yes, every cell in their body is screaming yes but something stops, something blocks the yes from coming out.
That yes blocker is basically what’s stopping the wallet from slipping out of the pocket getting the card out and punching the number in.
If we don’t understand what these yes blockers are, the biggest risk is that we will be consciously, subconsciously, or unconsciously sabotaging our own sales because we might have everything in place but there might be one big massive yes blocker that we have not addressed.
Now, let’s get into the yes blockers. Here’s the list:
- Looking like a fool
- What if I lose money? What if I lose my investment?
- What if it doesn’t work?
- What if it doesn’t work for me?
- What if it does not work without some other thing?
- My momma said.
- My society says products are …
- I know someone who knows someone who got ripped off.
- I am not the type who succeeds.
- I’ve tried everything and it didn’t work out.
- This takes special skills that I don’t have.
- If I buy this you will ask me to buy more, and more, and more.
- You got lucky.
- You had some extra help that you’re not disclosing.
- It’s not really a one-off solution.
- He, or she, or them won’t let me.
- Selling skills for money is uncool.
- It’s too expensive or it’s too cheap.
- I can find it for free somewhere.
- I’m a program junkie. I’m on a program fast. I’m not going to buy any more programs because I bought too many and I don’t use them.